Dixie Wing Angel Squad
Proud to do our part to help preserve history by supporting the Dixie Wing objectives and activities.
The ladies of the Angel Squad proudly support the events and activities of the Dixie Wing of the Commemorative Air Force. We range in age from young mothers with small children all the way to Grandmothers in their 80s. Our common thread is that each of us is either married to, connected with, or is a Colonel in the CAF. We value our nation’s history, and are proud to help preserve our history for generations to come.
We meet the third Saturday of each month at 1:30 p.m. in the Dixie Wing Briefing Room.
Some activities we participate in:
- WWII Heritage Days and the “Keep ‘Em Flying Swing Dance,” held every year in April.
- Provide hospitality and support for various events at the Dixie Wing.
- Assist with the PX, our mobile souvenir sales trailer.
- Organize the annual Dixie Wing Membership Christmas Dinner.
- Enjoy ladies social events: plays, sightseeing, dinners, and concerts.
We kindly request dues of $24 per year, paid in January of each year. If you are joining during the year, dues are pro-rated at $2 per month through December.
If you are interested in joining the Angel Squad, or would like more information, please contact Merikay Franklin, Chair of the Angel Squad, at 770 632-3693; or Jake Tryon, Recruiting Officer at the Dixie Wing, at 678 364-1110.
Come join the Angels!